Coyote Valley — the wetlands, open space, and farmland just south of urban San Jose — has been threatened by industrial sprawl for too long. 5,000 people have signed the petition calling for the protection of Coyote Valley. Many of us will be rallying outside San Jose City Hall on Tuesday, January 22 at 12:00pm to stand up for the protection of this regional treasure.
The San Jose City Council is bringing the future of North Coyote Valley to a special study session. Now is the time to stand together for Coyote Valley as the council considers public purchase of land with up to $50 million of proceeds generated by Measure T bond funding. We will rally outside of City Hall and walk into council chambers together at 1:00pm with our Protect Coyote Valley signs and stand together for the first 20 minutes of the session.
Signage will be provided. Press will be invited to the event. Bring an umbrella if there is a light rain; downpour cancels the rally. First 150 RSVPs get a Protect Coyote Valley t-shirt.
- Megan Medeiros, Executive Director, Committee for Green Foothills
- San Jose Councilmember Sergio Jimenez
- Mothers Out Front
- Performance by local singer/songwriter Chris Reed
- Committee for Green Foothills
- 350 Silicon Valley
- Amah Mutsun Tribal Band
- Greenbelt Alliance
- The Green Party of Santa Clara County
- Keep Coyote Creek Beautiful
- League of Women Voters
- Mothers Out Front South Bay
- Protect Coyote Valley
- Sacred Heart Community Service
- SAGE (Sustainable Agriculture Education)
- San Jose Parks Foundation
- Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society
- Santa Clara Valley League of Conservation Voters
- Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter
- South Bay Progressive Alliance
- California Native Plant Society Santa Clara Valley Chapter